What is the most economical and least labor intensive way to refinish?

+4
My front and back desk are structurally sound but haven't been refinished for 10 yeast. The paint or stain used before are not available.
  • Janie Janie on Jun 15, 2017
    That is my DECKS...not desk.

• Beb10461758 Beb10461758 on Jun 15, 2017
    REALLY NO OTHER WAY EXCEPT TO SAND DOWN AND STAIN THEN PUT A WATER SEAL ON IT. TEN YEARS IS A LONG TIME NOT TO TREAT THE DECK. A WOOD DECK IS A LOT OF WORK.

• Karen Hawkins Karen Hawkins on Jun 15, 2017
    give it a good clean , i find that is on off Creocotethe cheapest but longer lasting paint , and it goes a very long way , i tip it in a bucket and use a old soft sweeping brush to paint the decking
    good luck

• Crystal M Higginbotham Crystal M Higginbotham on Jun 15, 2017
    I'm seeing desk, not deck. So I'd say to get yourself an electric sander for ease!Pick a nice cool day and stain away!

• BeccaHP BeccaHP on Jun 15, 2017
    I saw a commercial for deck sealer and paint in one- BEHR DeckOver is the name brand. It looks really great! Of course, commercials are SUPPOSED to look great!! :)

• Janie Janie on Jun 15, 2017
    Thank you all

• Pamela Rascoe Brown Pamela Rascoe Brown on Jun 15, 2017
    for wood furniture or cabinets - chalk paint. Thoroughly clean and paint. No sanding or priming needed.