What to do with a deck that has been painted. now it's peeling

+1
how to remove the old paint. and can you stain it? lot's of nails sticking up. what would be a good way to make it look new again?
  • William William on Jun 17, 2017
    You can power wash it to remove as much paint as possible. The use a safe stripper like Citristip on the remaining paint. Then you can scrape and power wash again. Remove any nails that have popped up and replace with deck screws. You can use a deck stain to finish it. Your choice of stain. Transparent, semi-transparent, or solid.

• Mir Graham Mir Graham on Jun 17, 2017
    Depending of the size of the deck, your best bet might be a to rent a sander. Stabilize the nails, power wash, dry and then sand down the surface before staining.

• Hope Williams Hope Williams on Jun 18, 2017
    I'm in agreement with William. dint drive the nails back in they will just work their way back up. Just use slightly larger deck screws than the existing hole.

• Seethebeauty Seethebeauty on Jun 19, 2017
    You can also buy paint like stains that will cover sanded wood without requiring a total sand. I say this because I finally opted for it on my fence and I love it. I didn't think I would because I love the stain look, but it still has the stained color just more durable.