Can heavy resin or plastic pots by painted?

+2
I have a huge - three foot diameter - shallow planting pot that I want to make into a fairy garden. Can it be painted?

• Marrianne Rudy Marrianne Rudy on Jan 08, 2018
    No matter the material, I'm sure if you lightly sand it you can use a Rustoleum product to paint. :)

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 08, 2018
    Yes ,Rustoleum and Krylon both offer spray paint for plastic pots.

• 27524803 27524803 on Jan 08, 2018
    Anything can be painted.... you just have to do the right prep and use the right primer and paint.... consult your LOCAL paint store.

• SandyG SandyG on Jan 08, 2018
    I am not sure what it is made of but I am sure that it can. Do a google search and type "can I paint............" and add the type of material shallow planting pot is made from.

• Jeani Miller Miner Jeani Miller Miner on Jan 08, 2018
    Yes. You just have to use the right paint and primer. Your paint dealer should be able to guide you. Krylon manufactures a paint that is designed for use with Plastic. The molecules in the paint actually bond with the molecules in the Plastic. Pretty cool.