How do you pick paint for an old wood garage?

+1

We have an old garage with paint peeling and falling off. The wood looks dry. I want to know what how to prepare to paint this garage, including prepping and a type of paint that work best in the elements.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Feb 04, 2019

Kristine, This is a multi question. I'd call a paint store or Home Depot's paint department. You'll probably need something to soften the wood before you paint. They have the best knowledge, about how to go about this, and what you'll need. Aloha!

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Feb 04, 2019

Take a good photo to the paint department at your home improvement store and ask their pros. They have the best paints and application tools to do a great job.

• Pamela Pamela on Feb 04, 2019

Be ready to scrape the old paint and maybe sand it down.

• Russbow Russbow on Feb 04, 2019

High pressure wash. Let dry. Hand scrape any corners that didn't get washed off. Sand any edges that did not come off to soften them when you paint. Get a high quality primer, OR STAIN. I prefer semi transparent stain, as it does not chip and peel like paint. Stop at the library if you do not have a copy of Consumers Report, and pick their top rated stain. done.