Has anyone ever used Garage floor epoxy paint in their basement?

+2
My daughter wants to move her bedroom into the basement, but we sometimes get seepage. Has anyone ever used that special paint that is used on garage concrete floors in thier house for the basement floor?
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 05, 2017
    I've never done it but it should work! Its a bit more pricey than other paints will be, but it will last. The other consideration is that epoxy paint is made to go on smooth concrete and basement floors might be a lotter bit rough and can affect the solid bond. But sanding should help with that too- best of luck!

• Dianne Bowers Turner Dianne Bowers Turner on Jun 05, 2017
    When we painted our basement floor several years ago we used a product called Dam Tight. It solved our moisture problem.

• Brenda Brenda on Jun 05, 2017
    I have a neighbor that did to her garage last summer. It still stinks and I worry about the toxins

• Adell Daugherty Adell Daugherty on Jun 05, 2017
    We painted the basement floor with an epoxy paint from Home Depot that came with a packet of little chips that we sprinkled on the paint while it was still wet. 5 years later it still looks good. There is no smell and it holds up well. We did add a dehumidifier in the basement to keep down the moisture.

• Gina Gina on Jun 05, 2017
    I would check out where the leakage came from before I started a project. You may need to waterproof the basement or install French drains.