Will a navy front door look OK with a gray house with black shutters?

+3
  • Brenda Brenda on Jun 06, 2017
    I would do burgundy or a red tone to emphasize entryway. It is what I have and get lots of compliments. If you do paint door, only paint the actual door and not the side lights or molding

• Mary Shipman Mary Shipman on Jun 06, 2017
    I agree with the red.

• Tammy J Kirby Thomas Tammy J Kirby Thomas on Jun 06, 2017
    I'm not certain if you are asking what color others think the door should be or if you have a navy door and are asking if it will look ok. I see others have suggested a red door, but if navy is what you have, I would think it would look ok and if down the road you want to change it you could always repaint the door.

• Edie Edie on Jun 06, 2017
    I think the problem here is navy with the black. Almost any color door would go with neutral gray and black....except a dark navy...I think even a darker blue would work as long as it is not as dark as the black shutters.

• To me, the navy and black is too much, in certain lighting, they could look the same, depending on what brand or shade of navy is on the door. Either have a black door and shutters or a navy door and shutters, both are stunning with gray and also a beautiful backdop for wreath or front door decor. That is my vote.

• Carol mullan Carol mullan on Jun 06, 2017
    Yes!!! I think it is just perfect!!!