Can I make this beat-up treasure trunk, beautiful again?

+11
This is an old trunk the lock is broken on it but I just love the rustic-look it has in my living room. Is there a way that I can get a suggestion or hack for me to modernize this trunk? If you have one, can please provide me that information?
q can i make this beat up treasure trunk beautiful again
Can you suggest a color? Legs?
The walls are the middle color in that magazine blue, with chocolate & peanut butter accent walls.
Help?
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jun 14, 2018
    That's a beautiful trunk Antoinette. I would paint it by masking off that stunning trim and hardware. Rustoleum has a whole bunch of colors to choose from. I can picture it in a rose gold or even copper to match your pale blue wall color

• Liv Liv on Jun 14, 2018
    You should definitely add legs! Great idea! I would recommend staining them the color of your floor.

• Liv Liv on Jun 14, 2018
    Also, you could spray paint the body of the trunk pale blue and the metal of the trunk a metallic color. I would definitely use Rustoleum.

• Toni Trice Toni Trice on Jun 15, 2018
      You're close. I believe I'll chalk paint it black and use metallic on the trim & feet.

• Nan W. Nan W. on Jun 14, 2018
    Check out ideas on Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!! https://www.anniesloan.com

• Emily Emily on Jun 14, 2018
    If you love the rustic look, why paint it? You could get travel decals and glue them all over it, as if it had taken many trips around the world and they could then be removed with hot water. Trunks like this are great for storage and to use as coffee tables. We have a seaman's chest that my husband did restore and I love to style it. Legs would not hurt your trunk but would of course not be authentic, painting it though would change it forever.

• Toni Trice Toni Trice on Jun 15, 2018
    Thank you everyone so much for your ideas and suggestions. I pretty much got an idea what I want now. I will post a picture when I've completed this project.