How do I easily reupholster a chaise?

How do I reupholster a chaise lounger?I see so much potential (from this roadside find) yet it has been sitting in my garage for 6 months.Should I simply wrap existing fabric and staple away???Or should I remove fabric, replace foam then wrap or sew fabric???Either way will be a first for me.

• Homeroad Homeroad on Jan 05, 2019

You can remove the fabric then use it as a template to make a new cover. Another idea would be to make a slip cover. You don't know where that fabric has been so I would either remove it or steam clean it... maybe that is all it needs?

• If the fabric is in good shape and you think the cushion and batting are in good shape, you can staple fabric over it. Otherwise, all that stuff needs to be replaced. If you can get your hands on a pneumatic staple gun, it will go much faster. And your hands will thank you.

• Dee Tatum Dee Tatum on Jan 05, 2019

Thanks for the information!

The stapler I currently have does in fact hurt my hands.

I’ve never heard of a pneumatic stapler and looked it up. Seems I will need an air compressor to power it.

Is that correct?

• Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Jan 05, 2019

Never use Staples on Modern Upholstery. Use Zippers so you can:

A. Clean the Frame

B. Maintain Stuffing

C. Oil any squeaks

D. Disinfect

E. Remove the fabric for washing.