Help for Arrangement on coffee table

+4
Hello, please help me how to arrange coffee table, I tried but seems like something missing or not working well together, please help to arrange coffee table. I like contemporary with rustic look
Thanks
q help for arrangement on coffee table
q help for arrangement on coffee table
  • V Smith V Smith on Dec 31, 2017
    Your table is overloaded, the larger objects are too close in size and color. There are too many books and plants and the basket is too close in color to the table. Try grouping your objects in odd numbers. Place the tray on one side and group the the largest plant and smallest plants with the Buddha on the other side. Put all the keys and 3 small books on the tray and add something like a piece of pottery in yellow or orange to the tray between the books and keys. Put the other plants and the lantern someplace else. Your books and keys symbolize the love of knowledge, Buddha symbolizes enlightenment and the plants say your are grounded and love nature. It's all good.

• Anj20752662 Anj20752662 on Dec 31, 2017
      Thanks for taking time to explain how it works. I will do as per yr suggestion and post photos Here.
      thanks

• Emily Emily on Dec 31, 2017
    I think you lack a focal point or main center of interest. The elements you choose should have different heights. I would probably remove the tray, place the covered plant (?) in the center of the table and maybe have that elevated on something or choose something even larger. The buddha and the candle holder would be good to have on either side of the main focal point. If the small elements are plants, why not center them in the bowl? It isn't so much the style you like or the number of items but the placement of them. These kinds of decorations are the most fun, because they do not have to be permanent and are a good way to display items that don't have to be either costly or numerous.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 31, 2017
    What you have looks fine, but I would add a lace type runner on it, or a runner to match the decor in your home to tie it all together. It would anchor the coffee table items.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 31, 2017
    remove the lantern,center the tray in the middle,move the bowl and the statue to a different location. To much for a small table

• Julie Farrell Julie Farrell on Dec 31, 2017
    You have some lovely pieces, but too much going on,looks a little busy.Id try just leaving the tray as it is with articles on it but removing the rest off the table replacing keys in corner of tray with the Buddha. Leave the tray in same place and balance out other side of table with 3 or 4 nice books😉

• L. Creative L. Creative on Jan 01, 2018
    I too like a more contemporary look. It’s easy to get caught up in what “ goes” but simple is usually good advice. Try rotating the items. Put some away for awhile and sometimes put out one at a time until you like the style. I do prefer a long flower arrangement in a tin or ceramic rectangular vase. They have the straight grass which you can get through IKEA but the color may not go with your teal scheme. Try some orang flowers. (I can’t grow so I use fake) tulips and calla lillies are simple looking and come in orange colors.