Help with refinishing theatre chair

q help with refinishing theatre chair
Hello Hometalk,

I have this this beautiful theater chair I am redoing. When I got it one side was black and the other really dark wood. I’ve sanded it down almost all the way. Not sure how I want to refinish it. Please give me some me suggestions or ideas. My idea is to stain it back to its original look in a dark stain. Just not sure what kind to use. I’m looking for your help. You always have great ideas. I read your emails daily and love them. I always have my hands in some kind of job. I love working on projects. It’s great to show my talents.

Please help.
Thanks
Barbara Hollenshade
q help with refinishing theatre chair
q help with refinishing theatre chair
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 07, 2017
    They look great so far! I would find a nice pattern fabric that you like and make some cushions to go along with it.

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Dec 07, 2017
    My favorite stain is ReStore-A-Finish that comes in several different shades and is sold at HD, Lowes, etc. Choose a lighter shade to show off the wood grain. Then put a polycrylic top coat on it in a matte finish. I like the MinWax brand in the blue can.

• Jeanne Johnson Ortego Jeanne Johnson Ortego on Dec 10, 2017
    You've done a beautiful job sanding it down! I like Minwax brand stain as well as the polycrilic. They also have beautiful dark colors. Best of luck!