How can I add color to the inside of my bookshelves without paint?

+10
  • Brd21658656 Brd21658656 on May 31, 2017
    Use scrapbook paper, cut to size and double stick tape. Many patterns to choose from.

• Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on May 31, 2017
    I have seen people use contact paper to add color/pattern inside bookshelves. Or you can use wallpaper, fabric, maps, wall decals, even wrapping paper in different designs.

• Dee Dee on May 31, 2017
    The answer to this question is another question. How much work and time do you want to invest? The very back wall of the shelves can be papered with a paper that complements your decor. Wallpaper is tough, easy to cut and paste and easire to remove. Cost is higher, however. You can also use wrapping paper applied to a cardboard template that fits the back of the shelves. Use double stick tape to hold the template in place. Googone will help to remove any sticky residue from the tape.

• Maria de Haseth Maria de Haseth on May 31, 2017
    Wall paper, mirror tiles, peel and stick tiles, scrapbook paper, apply cloth material with liquid starch, decoupage napkins, tissue, etc.

• Jody Jody on May 31, 2017
    Wall paper works well use two sided tape

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 31, 2017
    Contact paper or use spray adhesive to attach fabric .

• Suzie DeWulf Suzie DeWulf on May 31, 2017
    Contact paper or wall paper

• Nancy SY Nancy SY on May 31, 2017
    All great ideas! I'm not afraid of putting some time and effort into this.

• Tamara A Cope Tamara A Cope on May 31, 2017
    Tile would possibly look nice and easy to install...

• An An on May 31, 2017
    On this website, look up "Cornstarch Glue." Then find some fabulous fabric that will enhance your decor, and glue away! Down the line, when you get sick and tired of the fabric you chose a few years back, just peel the fabric off, wipe the "glue" dust off the back of your shelves, and put up some new fabric! It's very cool - and really, not difficult...I guess I'd say measuring and cutting the fabric pieces to fit the backs and sides of your shelves would be the most boring and/or tricky part!

• Caseyem11 Caseyem11 on May 31, 2017
    You can use liquid starch instead of cornstarch glue with fabrics.

• Mir Graham Mir Graham on May 31, 2017
    If you aren't looking to actually adhere anything more permanently, you can always wallpaper/ contact paper or fabric a sheet of heavy board and put it onto the back of the bookcases with a few staples. I prefer contact paper, because the choices are many and the availability is everywhere. You can pick up some really pretty patterns at Target and Walmart stores.

• Nancy SY Nancy SY on May 31, 2017
      I'm going to try and get some foam board and ahere some fabric to it using liquid starch. I can put it directly on the wall, but I like to change things up, but still get a "designer look"