How can I prep cabinets in a manufactured home for painting?

+2
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 20, 2018
    Rub them down Wipe off the dust and re-paint.

• Mary Overmyer Mary Overmyer on Jun 20, 2018
    If the cabinets are wood the above method will work fine. However the cabinets in my manufactured home were particle board covered in a contact type product. We used a heat gun to loosen the glue on the paper then peeled it off. We sanded lightly to make sure there was no glue residue and then painted with a paint and primer in one. Many paints are on the market. I would try a sample jar to see how it works on your particular cabinet. Ours went from ugly peeling faux wood grain to a pretty grey. Totally changed the look of the kitchen. Good luck and I hope this works for you.

• Crystle Gibson Crystle Gibson on Jun 20, 2018
    Chalk paint can be applied to a variety of finishes providing it is very clean. Be sure to finish with a non-yellowing oil based finish.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 20, 2018
    Take one of the cabinet fronts to the paint department of your home improvement store and ask for their advice on paint and application tools so you get a professional finish.