How do I degrade from ocean blue to white on wood?

I’m painting a 2’ x 1’ wood board. I would like the top to be ocean blue and the bottom white. How would I go about it?

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Dec 26, 2018

Monique,. If you want a definite line, use paint tape. If you graually want one color to blend into another, then mix a little bit both paints. Then you'll have one blending into another. Aloha.

• Pamela Pamela on Dec 26, 2018

Put the ocean blue paint in several containers , like take out food containers , leave one just blue , then have one just white. For the other 3or 4 containers with the blue in it , add some white to each , but added a little more white to each container. Mix the white into the blue. Now you should have containers with all blue , then several containers with different shades of blue and an all white container. You can adjust the shades of blue, if necessary. Now working fairly quickly paint a strip of each color across your wood from using each consecutive color( use a different brush for each color, then extra ones, for blending, you can use foam brushes , you can buy a bag of them, cheaply ) then use a brush to blend each area where the colors meet .Use small criss cross strokes, then a straight across stroke to blend.

Most importantly , have fun !!!

• Jane Harkleroad Jane Harkleroad on Dec 26, 2018

First, paint the entire thing white. Then come in with the blue at the top and feather where your want it to gradually blend into the white.