How to give your wooden kitchen table and chairs a new look?

+2
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jul 05, 2018
    You could definitely paint them with a chalk or mineral paint. It's easy to work with, little to no prep work. You could also use a new stain like a unicorn spit stain that could add some character and color to it. You could also sand it down and re-stain it a new color to give it life again.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jul 05, 2018
    Hey Debbie...I have one that belonged to a dear elderly friend and I painted the legs white and my husband sanded the top and stained it then applied several coats of polyurethane. I just love it! I purchased inexpensive ladderback chairs and painted them white, then added a little hook rug seat pad to each. Hope this gives you an idea and you have fun redoing it!

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Jul 05, 2018
    Paint is definitely the easiest and least expensive way to update a wooden table!

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jul 05, 2018
    Easiest is anew tablecloth / placemats center piece and maybe char cushions. (or recovering the cushions) Spruce up the wood with Restore-A-Finish. Come sin colors to match all wood finishes.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Jul 05, 2018
    You could also try using a gel stain (like from General Finishes) to give the table and chairs a new look. Or, if you don’t want to paint and stain your table, you could add colorful cushions or chair covers to your chairs. You could add a fabric or wooden table runner to the table.