How to refinish old hutch?

I inherited my mother's old hutch. I would like to do it in light green/chalk paint, and wall paper the inside with light colors/ hints of green/beige/brown but mostly light, and leave the cabinet surface the glass part sits on in dark wood like cherry to match our other furniture. And what to do with handles? trade off or use? I am bound to a chair so I could not get a good shot.
q how to refinish old hutch
  • Mogie Mogie on Jun 13, 2018
    What colors do you currently have in your room? What style do you have in your room? Beachy, rustic, modern?

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jun 14, 2018
      you can see that wall is a golden wallpaper, all furniture cherry, beige or dark brown sofa/other chairs, accent wall a light rust color, but curtains and accents light green/sage green,

• AmAtHome AmAtHome on Jun 14, 2018
    With the colors you plan to use, I would spray paint the handles. Maybe an ivory color, then sand lightly to give an antiqued look.

• Nan W. Nan W. on Jun 14, 2018
    I would keep and paint the handles... especially with the trim on the cabinet. I agree... Ivory would be nice and really open the space!