How can I make a tablepad for my patio table?

+10
I have a round patio table i use side for my kitchen table in winter. It in filigreed. I looked into buying a tablepad, but too expensive. How can I make one? I have no tools either. I need a flat surface to use.. to write on, when we aren't eating on it.
q i have a round patio table i use side for my kitchen table in winter
  • Sharon Sharon on Dec 27, 2017
    I had one of those, I went to Tap Plastics and had them cut a plexiglass top for it.

• See 1 previous
    • Sharon Sharon on Dec 28, 2017
      To measure across the table in the middle, thats the diameter. Yes they could cut a hole in the middle too. Can't recall the price though.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 27, 2017
    Check with companies that deal in glass, they may be able to help you with something. The other thing would be to have a friend cut a piece of plywood for you to fit the table top. You may be able to find some really thin wood that could be cut down to fit. If you use wood, put a vinyl padded tablecloth on top and that should help with the sharpish edges.

• See 1 previous
    • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 30, 2017
      It is an advertisement that needs to be reported every time it is seen. Report it by clicking on the little down arrow on the right hand corner or the comment box it is in.

• Mary S Mary S on Dec 28, 2017
    I checked into plastics. I could buy a kitchen table for that price. Any other ideas?

• Ginger Ginger on Dec 28, 2017
    Idea: have plywood or even particle board circle cut. If too large, have 2 halves cut and attach a hinge in middle so it can be folded to store. Cover with the padded vinyl tablecloth and secure with strong glue or staples. You could trim the edges with nailhead trim or some other trim (the kind you buy by the yard).

• Lois Vitagliano Lois Vitagliano on Dec 29, 2017
    Try a heavy cardboard cut to fit,covered with tablecloth

• Carol Carol on Dec 29, 2017
    The least expensive option I can think of is to get a large cardboard box - such as from an appliance, then cut it to fit. You may need to use 2 layers to avoid sagging or the folds. Ask at several appliance stores. Another option is the big box stores, like Sam's Club or Costco. Their goods often come in on pallets with heavy cardboard separating the layers. Ask them for a piece or two.

• WendyLou WendyLou on Dec 29, 2017
    Check your measurements, and then scout out yard sales for cheap tables/glass patio tables.

• 62q10370829 62q10370829 on Dec 30, 2017
    The best would be measure your table top across & around. Go to home depot or Lowe's & check out there already cut out round boards. If to small have them cut you a square board to put on top. Sand edges by hand,
    Stain & put clear potection on top in 3 or more coats. Use L brackets on bottom of top to keep it from sliding off. Good luck.

• Pallavi Reddy Pallavi Reddy on Dec 30, 2017
    Firstly, check your measurements.