I want to change my dining table to a coffee table what kind of legs c

+2
  • Sassy Sassy on Jul 05, 2018
    Can you cut your table's current legs down to the size you need? That would be the most cost-effective way to do it and just put felt on the bottom of the legs so your flooring would not get damaged. Otherwise, a trip to your local home improvement store will give you many options - keep in mind the heaviness of your table top needs to be kept in proportion to the legs (you don't want skinny legs on a hefty table top!).

• Barbara-Denison Joy Barbara-Denison Joy on Jul 05, 2018
    Can you simply cut your current legs ? If they are square you can cut the corners off slightly.

• William William on Jul 06, 2018
    I agree with cutting the legs. The style of the table will basically remain the same. Would be a bit of work to make legs fit the existing mounting on the table top. Basic height of a cocktail table is 18" to 20" from floor to top. You can use felt pads for the leg bottoms but I prefer plastic glides.

• JudyH JudyH on Jul 06, 2018
    What shape is the table top? What is it made out of? Wood? Glass top?

• Cha17967872 Cha17967872 on Jul 06, 2018

I got round table and the current legs is iron. I thought of cutting but it might cost me more for the cutting and welding