Suggestions please to sand furniture that has lots of indentations?

How to sand furniture that has lots of indentations/decorations on the legs

• Judy Judy on Jun 30, 2018
    probably need to have it sand blasted.

• Jan8831464 Jan8831464 on Jun 30, 2018
    you probably want an easy to do answer but unless you have a stripping and sanding business close by that can dip large pieces of furniture in a vat (they do exist) you will need a good stiff toothbrush (or similar) to get all these crevices stripped and ready for refinishing (You may have to do more than once). Do last, after the flat areas of the piece have been stripped. Once the crevices are clean and free if any left-over accumulated bits and using a (clean) stiff toothbrush, brush crevices with paint and varnish remover wipe dry, then wipe down the entire piece. When dry, sand the piece with medium grit followed by fine grit using a flexible sanding pad for curved areas. If the carved design allows, maneuver the flexible fine grit through these areas. If not, they will stain darker but as long as they have been cleaned well, the overall look of your piece will still be beautiful.

• Leesa Osborne Leesa Osborne on Jun 30, 2018
    are you trying to remove the old original finish or old paint? I have a bed frame I have to sand and paint. I was going to use a de that wipes on and off. Are you going to paint this once it’s sanded?