Update this bookcase- any ideas?

+3
I am painting the walls a pastel yellow or green. other furniture in the room I am chalk painting an off white color. One idea i had was applying contact paper to the back of the bookcase. Visuals of ideas would help. Thanks
q update this bookcase
  • Kay27246977 Kay27246977 on Jan 08, 2018
    i would paint it seafoam blue

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 08, 2018
    You could use a contact paper with the same color as the paint you use on the walls. You could use solid or go with a pattern.

• Vrohde Vrohde on Jan 08, 2018
    I would paint it a neutral color since you have so much color on the walls. A light grey would look nice also get a contact paper with a neat design and do the back wall of the cabinet. You could add some distress marks on it or do an aging glaze on it. All would look great. Good luck

• C Crow C Crow on Jan 08, 2018
    Some years ago I "papered" the back of a cabinet with the pages of a very old dictionary that was falling apart. I actually glued the pages to foam core that was cut to fit the back of each shelf area first. Am getting ready to change it out to some maps I came across and all I have to do is pull out the foam core, flip it over and glue on the maps. This way no damage to back of cabinet and nothing to remove or paint over. Have fun and please let us see what you did once finished!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 09, 2018
    How about a chalkpaint mint green?

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 10, 2018
    Yes, I like Hillela's idea of green for the inside of the cabinet and I would do the cabinet in the same off white and distress it. https://searosecottage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Step-Back-Hutch-After-3.jpg
    I too use foam core from the Dollar Tree to line the back of bookcases so when I tire of it, I can just remove the foam core. I actually used wrapping paper on the roll from the Dollar Tree in a great green pattern paper on the foam core using spray adhesive.