How can I easily upgrade counter tops?

+1

My counter tops in my kitchen are white. They have stains and cuts and I want to refinish them. I've heard there is a kit you can buy and DIY. Will that kit be alright?

• Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 31, 2018

The counter top painting kits that have been getting lots of talk lately are meant to be a temporary decorating improvement. The finish and durability can no where compete with brand new laminate.

If your countertops are stained and cut enough to be unattractive, in my opinion, save your money and time and get them replaced with new.

• Hi Karen,

Here is post with several ideas on how to DIY an update for your countertops.

• William William on Dec 31, 2018

Rustoleum, Daich, or Giani counter top paint kits.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=paint%20countertop

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 31, 2018

Hi Karen! Short term the kits work. If you are planning on replacing the countertops in a year or two, it might be worth the trouble. I haven't heard of them lasting for much longer, but, maybe someone else has had a better result.