What kind of paint should I use to paint furniture?

+3
I stripped and sanded a dresser, so it's bare wood

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 12, 2018
    I love to see natural wood and all its grains and perfections and imperfections, go with stain rather than paint.

• Heje Heje on Jun 12, 2018
    There are primers for bare wood and a variety of paints to use. I like latex paint as it is easier to clean up. The chalk paint works well too.

• Nonni Nonni on Jun 12, 2018
    The best paint is a Latex Acrylic Enamel although some people use milk paint. But I don't know anything about that. In any case I've heard Sherwin Williams is a very good paint at about half the price of Benjamin Moore, another very good paint. The shinier the finish the harder it will be. Use over a primer. It there is stain or knots on the wood you want to use a primer called Zinsser Bins which can be found in most stores at which you can get paint. Use a good quality brush meant for the for the paint you are using. It makes a difference.

• Mindshift Mindshift on Jun 12, 2018
    Shiny paint is more durable, but it also shows any flaw in a surface. If your surface is absolutely smooth and level a gloss will make it look like glass. But if your surface has high or low spots those will stand out. From most to least shiny are: gloss, semi-gloss, satin, eggshell and flat. If in doubt choose satin.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 13, 2018
    I'm super partial to chalk paint

• Cmk22085146 Cmk22085146 on Jun 13, 2018
    Thank you