What options do I have to paint this set the way I want withou sandin?

+4
q what options do i have to paint this set the way i want withou sandin
I really wanna paint the chairs black as well as the legs of the table and do the top something different .
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Jan 18, 2018
    If you use liquid sandpaper to degloss and clean, you can then use a good primer like Zinsser Bullseye 123 and then your paint color.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 18, 2018
    Wipe it down with Liquid Sandpaper.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jan 18, 2018
    Even if you don't want to use sandpaper,, I would go over it with a liquid sander applied with a soft t-shirt to make sure that the surface isn't too slick for the new paint to adhere properly.

• Cheryl Odom Cheryl Odom on Jan 19, 2018
    Use Annie Sloan chalk paint (not to be confused with chalkboard paint). No prepping needed.

• Monique Bay Monique Bay on Jan 19, 2018
    Oil base spray paint. Use TSP TO CLEAN WITH, that will help take the sheen off. TSP is located in the paint dept of your hardware or home improvement store. I recommend an oil base primer, spray paint primer works or brush on... if your going for mid to dark, get the grey primer, lighter, get white primer... if you don’t want to sand

• Nancy Walters Nancy Walters on Jan 21, 2018
    I had a cheap, used dresser that I wanted to paint for a guest room...a lot of it was fiberboard, so I worried about how the sanding would do.
    Decided to do a base coat, then the dark turquoise I wanted.
    Went to Lowes...the paint guy showed me paint made to cover without a basecoat, even over polyurethane. In a few spots, it needed a second coat, but it did a great job over a year ago. It gets light use, but stayed nice.
    I can't remember the brand, though😕

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jan 21, 2018
    You can use Kleen Strip sander de-glosser and the just paint away.