Advice for a first time paint sprayer user?

I intend to paint furniture pieces, both large & small.

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 08, 2018
    Strain the paint before using it in the sprayer. Clean the sprayer immediately when done = there are many videos on YouTube how to use a sprayer. If you don't want over spray, the pros use a piece of board in one hand around windows, stone etc to prevent overspray. I would suggest masking areas you don't want overspray on until you get the hang of things.

• Sacrifice a found garbage dump or curbside find and practice! The trick is to keep it moving. You can do this, just keep at it! 😍

• Dee Dee on Jul 08, 2018

Depending on the paint sprayer you do not have to thin the paint. I have a Wagner and it works fine without thinning. Make sure you practice with the sprayer. You can do that with a cardboard box. Just keep the sprayer around 16 inches away and set the dial for light spray. Light spray is better than a thick one as the paint will not drip. Yes you need to do a couple of coats. Let dry between coats. Also remember to clean your sprayer thoroughly after each use.