Can you wallpaper over wallpaper that has already been painted?

+2
  • Starr Wilson Starr Wilson on Dec 18, 2017
    Yes you can. I f there is multiple layers you should remove them.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 18, 2017
    Hi Becky, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. Just be sure to clean the painted wallpaper or second wallpaper won't have proper contact. If you ever want to remove the wallpaper, your second wallpaper will be easy to remove. It's always easy to remove with paint under it.

• You can, but I wouldn't. What happens when you want to redecorate next time? I have removed too much wallpaper and on a few occasions it was more cost effective to cut out the sheetrock and replace it. Removing was going to take forever and then there was still wall repair.

Just give it some thought. Trying to save you future frustration!

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Dec 19, 2017
    Can you,yes. Should you,absolutely not. Just deal with removing now and fixing walls if any damage occurs then prep wall properly that means wash all previous glue off and then prime them and then apply wallpaper. But please don't do it you will see seams from the previous paper and like the previous person said it will be worse down the line.