Have you ever painted over wallpaper that is in a bathroom?

+2
  • I have painted over wallpaper, but never in a bathroom. Honestly, I would take the time to remove the wallpaper properly then paint. If you paint and then have problems it will be a much harder fix.

• Alex Alex on Jun 02, 2017
    If painting in a bathroom, I'd use a washable paint.

• Linda Linda on Jun 03, 2017
    I did and had no problem with it. I used a dark color and only had to paint one coat

• Marrianne Rudy Marrianne Rudy on Jun 04, 2017
    My mother did. When we moved in with my stepdad after they got married, he'd had a white wallpaper with black scenes on it. The tile was blue beneath it. Mama used a coat of a clear adhesive that allowed paint to stick. She then used a marine paint in white. It worked and this was in 1969. Unless the owner repainted it, in 2008 it was still there and no water damage, etc. My Mama was a smart woman. :)

• Marcie Marcie on Jun 04, 2017
    Even though it's not the "right" way to do things, I have done it. As long as the wallpaper is very, very secure. Paint away! Sometimes, cheating is a great way to get something done!