How can I seal & stain-proof a unit painted in brill white eggshell?

+1

I painted a set of draws with an eggshell paint. A rotten banna leaked brown juice onto it and within 10mins left a stain. I'm gutted! The paint claims to be scrubable so it should be non pot is. Can anyone suggest a sealant which won't yellow and can also be cleaned?

q how can i seal stainproof a unit painted in bril white eggshell

Messy unit :)

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jan 01, 2019

there are non-yellowing poly sealants -- ask at the paint department of a home improvement center

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jan 01, 2019

I usually seal my painted furniture with Polycrylic. Its water based and has held up well for me. I have also used Polyurethane and had good luck with that as well.

• Eloise Eloise on Jan 02, 2019

Research Rustoleum's Cabinet Transformations. It comes in many colors (both light and dark) with an optional glaze. Everything you need is in the kit. There's no sanding involved, clean up with soap and water, and no "adequate ventilation required". I refinished my bathroom vanity using this product several years ago and it looks as nice as the day I finished it.

• Kathy Kathy on Jan 02, 2019

Paint a couple of costs of water -based clear varnish over the white eggshell. This will protect and won't go yellow.