How to repaint Larson storm door?

My storm door is 20 years old but is under protection of porch. It is on the west side and gets hot sun so paint is crazed and plastic window pane trim on top is yellowed. It needs to be refreshed and not sure how/what to paint it with. Otherwise it is in perfect shape and I don't feel a need to replace it if I can repaint.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Jun 20, 2018
    You can probably paint out the plastic with a plastic paint. If the door is metal, you will need to clean it thoroughly, prime paint it with a metal primer and then put a finished coat of metal paint color on top.

• Betty Betty on Jun 20, 2018
    I painted my white and it was white to begin with so it was easy .got my paint at home depot . It doesn't take a lot to paint the same color . They can help you choose the right paint .Good luck .

• Bijous Bijous on Jun 21, 2018
    Use oil paint to spruce up your Larson storm door. Oil holds up better to the beating sun than an acrylic. Careful about the screen. It's really hard to get paint off once it's on. Really sticks in the holes. Good luck.