I have stained the banister of stairs, which has come out very dark .

+2
Stain of banister has come out very dark. Want to remove it. Is there anything available in the market to strip it.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 28, 2017
    Ciristrip a safe non toxic remover

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 28, 2017
    Hi there, yup there are lots of strippers out there, I always used the more toxic stuff but I hear that a product called Citra Strip, which is much more natural, also works great!

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 28, 2017
    I would use the Citra strip, it is easier to be around and use. Good luck on your project! Have a great New Year!

• Delle Delle on Dec 28, 2017
    Since they were stained, the stain probably penetrated the wood. You might have to sand it down till the color is gone before re-staining.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 28, 2017
    You need to buy one of the strippers that says on the front of the can that it removes stain like Klean-strip. I put this in a glass jar and use a brush, and then I use 000-0000 steel wool to strip. Wear heavy kitchen rubber gloves and glasses... its caustic.