What is a good color to paint my bedroom?

+3
I painted my bathroom a Blue Grey Sky and I want to go with a lighter color in my bedroom. I was thinking maybe a lighter grey, but not real sure. My bathroom has double doors connecting the bedroom. I thought about doing one wall a different color in the bedroom(like behind the bed). Thanks in advance!

• Ili Ili on Jun 28, 2018

Wall accent???

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jun 28, 2018
    Well it sounds like you already know what you want so go for it. You must like cool colors so stick with them. Grey is beautiful. My only advice is not to do a wall a different color, that's old done and tired. Paint the ceiling. Hang something eye catching over bed to draw eye and make it the focal point. The bed by size is naturally the focal point but some height behind it really adds impact and drama.

• Bbmusic Bbmusic on Jun 28, 2018
    I once combined the colors of light blue gray, light gray, and light pink gray in a similar siuation and they were lovely, very calming. I would use the gray on bed room walls with the pink gray behind the bed. If you don’t have a headboard (which I didn’t) you might find a wallpaper border with those same colors to make a headboard with. Just a suggestion. Good luck with your project!

• Janice Janice on Jun 28, 2018
    Hi Cindy, if you love the color of your bathroom, you will probably like just a couple of shades lighter in your bedroom, that way it will definitely blend with what you already have going. You can have the paint department mix more white into the color you have. It might be striking to have the one accent wall (behind your bed) painted in the same shade as your bathroom and tie it all together as a "suite". Hope this helps with your decision!

• Judy Hazel Judy Hazel on Jun 29, 2018
    The lighter grey would be nice or a blue that will coordinate. Check out the other colors that are on the paint sample strip that includes your paint color. Those will coordinate well.