What is the best kind of paint/process to repaint a rusting radiator?

+2
painted white already, rust spots are bleeding through.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 31, 2017
    1 Have the old paint blasted off the radiator by a professional refinisher. 2 Wipe the radiator clean of all dust and dirt. 3 Spray an even coat of primer onto all surfaces of the radiator, including in between the sections. 4 Once the primer is dry to the touch, spray on an enamel paint topcoat.

From what I've read, if you sand it and wipe it down to remove dust, and take extra care to remove any rust, you shouldn't need to sandblast it.

• Mathewsnan Mathewsnan on Dec 31, 2017
    sand it, then apply Rustoleum.

• Sue Harviel Sue Harviel on Dec 31, 2017
    Lightly sand away any chipped paint areas to give your finished product a smooth finish. Also sand away as much of the rusty areas as possible. Head down to the paint store & tell them what you're painting. They can point you in the right direction as to the type of paint you will need. I am a 3 coat minimum kind of gal. 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint & 3 coats of sealer. I love rads & like for them to be noticed. I never paint them white. But that's just me. Enjoy your rads!

• Mar31895609 Mar31895609 on Dec 31, 2017
    I've done this in the past.sandblasting cost money. Sanding where paint is peeling or chipped sounds like good idea.I've always used rustoleum . Silver or metalic paint works wonders. I've never sprayed because I'm not good at it. A cheap brush from Menards and get on your knees give at least 2_3 coats. Up to you. Have never had rust returned.

• Ton27204644 Ton27204644 on Dec 31, 2017
    sand alittle then seal with vinegar before painting again..