Where do I find a DIY paint retailer?

+2
  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Sep 06, 2018

I would try Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, Ace Hardware, or a specialty store that carries paint & wallpaper. Stay away from the big box stores if you want expert advice. I know Sherwin Williams trains people extensively around here before they can work in a store.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Sep 06, 2018

All paint stores will help you. All paints are diy.

• Betsy Betsy on Sep 06, 2018

Hi Diana: Check in the Yellow Pages - yeah, they still have those:) - or go to "Yellow Pages" on your computer and check for paint stores in your area. The most important thing is not to get cheap paint. Then again, you don't need the most expensive, either. I've used Valspar and Behr paints with great success. Depending on what you're painting, depends on what type of paint you want. Enamels and shiny paints will show every bump, crack and crevice in the wall. The flatter paints, or egg shell and satins clean up well, whereas the flats really don't. One thing I have found is that there are ceiling paints that go on pink or purple and dry in about 15 minutes to white. Very nice, but don't have a fan on, as they dry fast and you won't know where you stopped:( Don't ask me how I know that:) But they are really nice to keep your paint from being put on doubly thick or a place missed, as you are not painting white on white. Good luck.

• Libbie B Libbie B on Sep 09, 2018

I love my local Sherwin Williams store!

• Diana Johnson Diana Johnson on Sep 09, 2018

Thanks everyone for your help.