Can bathroom floor tile be painted?

+3
I have old ugly green floor tile in my bathroom and I don't have time or money to replace it. i thought painting the tile would be an easy inexpensive way to update but not sure what kind of paint to use that would hold up to the moisture and be safe so no one will slip and fall.
  • Kathy Meye Miller Kathy Meye Miller on Jun 03, 2017
    Check with a paint store like Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams as they may have a paint that will work. They carry paints that you do not find at stores like Lowes or Home Depot

• Patricia Patricia on Jun 03, 2017
    Definitely check with the paint store for the right kind of paint for your tile. Prep work is key to success on this type of project, so you want to make sure the floor is clean and free of dirt and oil. The type of paint you choose might require a primer coat. After painting you'll want to seal the paint for durability.

• Laureen Laureen on Jun 04, 2017
    Thanks Patricia!!

• FRED RIGGS FRED RIGGS on Jun 04, 2017
    Talk to Lowe's and Home Depot. There is a special paint that is available. Choice of colors is small though. Only one of them handles it and I forget which one. Think it is H.D.

• Laureen Laureen on Jun 04, 2017
    Thanks Fred!!