Can I paint the metal around my mirror closet slider doors?

+3
I have two large panes of mirror with yellow metal frames which I hate. Can this metal be painted or colored in some way?

• Caseyem11 Caseyem11 on Mar 25, 2018
    I don’t see why not. Tape the glass, give the metal a light sanding and paint with a rustoleum color of your choice.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Mar 25, 2018
    Yes. Purchase a metal paint any color you like. You may have to put on two coats so be sure to put painters tape on the glass. There is also a new product available for those painting windows and mirrors which is also painted on in a 2 inch width band on the inside of the frame. It dries and then protects the glass from paint. It also peels off when you are done painting. Available in the US so far.

• Jessica Lampe Jessica Lampe on Mar 25, 2018
    You could either tape the mirrors or take them out of the frames and then spray paint the frames any color your heart desires.

• Ann Ann on Mar 25, 2018
    Agree.

• Christel Christel on Mar 25, 2018
    Yes, you can get special spray paint just for metal. Check your local hardware store.

• Carol Thomas Carol Thomas on Mar 25, 2018
    Yes, it will be a pretty update!