Can you please tell me how to paint my wall in that style

q can you please tell me how to paint my wall in that style
How can I do that?
  9 answers
  • Amy Amy on Jun 07, 2017
    Paint it grey, then put the black over the top, dry brushing the black on and some sanding should create something similar.

  • Robert Robert on Jun 07, 2017
    Looks like it was done somewhat like a watercolor painting. Glaze, very wet? At any rate it's beautiful! I may play with a few brushes, sponge mops, rags and see what I come up with. (On a scrap board, not my wall!) Lessons learned...
    WAIT A MINUTE!? What if it isn't paint at all? It could be artist's charcoal or even printed. As my dad always said, "There's more than one way to skin a cat." (He never did and never would have! Now breath, breath, it's only a saying)

  • Annette Annette on Jun 07, 2017
    Have you seen Stick Wood? Check it out.

  • Jeannie Jeannie on Jun 07, 2017
    It looks like repurposed barn wood or it could be very weathered shiplappossibly . Joanna Gains would know.

  • Mfbandit769 Mfbandit769 on Jun 07, 2017
    It's a simple wash and dry brush technique. Google it or go to Youtube.

  • Eloise Eloise on Jun 07, 2017
    Saw this on YouTube: It's not exact, but the end product seems quite similar. Perhaps inspiration will strike  .

  • Necole Necole on Jun 07, 2017
    It looks to me like a dry brushing technique. Paint the entire wall black. Then starting at the bottom, dry brush white over the top. You can mix your black and white to create a grey tone for the middle and dry brush that on in between the top third of the wall and the bottom third of the wall, to create the ombre effect. Blending and bleeding the colors together with the gray. Just step back and take a look at your wall periodically and you can add more of one color or another according to your taste and the look you are going for. Hope this helps

  • Vicki Muhn Rittenhouse Vicki Muhn Rittenhouse on Jun 07, 2017
    It's a watercolor painted technique, similar to the video post above, but you normally start at the top and work your way down from lighter shades to darker. This wall is in the reverse, so you'd have to start from the bottom with the lighter colors and work your way up. I'm adding a post below, but if you go to the page, you need to scroll down bc it has a paint blotting technique before the water spray bottle technique.

  • Jacquie Jacquie on Jun 09, 2017
    It's a technique called "strie". Plenty of tutorials available in books and on-line.