Does anyone have a way that works well to colour light/blonde timber?

Does anyone have a way that works well to colour light/blonde timber like pine? I don't want to paint or stain it. I'm looking more toward food dyes or isopropyl but can't find any successful ways with instructions.
TIA
  • Brent-Emma Isaac Brent-Emma Isaac on Jun 15, 2017
    Have you thought of using a natural mineral oil like linsee?

• Cynthia Eagan Cynthia Eagan on Jun 15, 2017
    I once stained my pine table with green RIT dye & then polyurethaned over it. i applied the dye with an old t-shirt (wear gloves). It lasted for years- you could see the grain, but it was spring green. Cute!

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jun 15, 2017
    Are you looking to color it? Or just keep its natural wood look? Soft wood it pretty porous, so pretty much anything you put on it can potentially stain it, so a vegetable based colorant would do the trick. You can find those in pretty much any craft section or natural food store. If you just want to keep it natural wood colored there are a variety of wood "toners". I'd have to look when I got home, but I have a great one I swear by.