Does painting a bathtub work?

+3

I bought Homeax Tough as Tile on a fiberglass shower/tub? Did you have peeling issues? I’ve tried EVERYTHING to clean this thing and nothing has worked (it actually doesn’t look as bad in person as the pic but the dirt on the bottom REFUSES to come out). I’ve tried: letting towels of vinegar sit on it for hours (one for 24 hrs), baking soda and vinegar, bathtub cleaning products, SO much DIY online. Nothing works and cleaners told me it’s probably stained from years of use. Has anyone been able to get out tough stains like this and how?! I really appreciate the help!

q does painting a bathtub work or how to get stains out
  • Erin Erin on Jan 26, 2019

Did you try a Magic Sponge?

• Beth Bamford Beth Bamford on Jan 26, 2019

Unfortunately yes but someone told me not to again because it’s incredibly abrasive :/

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 26, 2019

Hi. Fill the tub with hot water and add 2 cups of bleach. Use the no spill type. Let sit until the water gets cold. Drain. Using a medium stiff brush scrub the tub with more hot water and baking soda. Drain. Once clean, use a good car wax. Then put down a bath mat. Do not wax the tub without using a bath mat afterwards. The wax will need to be reapplied periodically. Good luck.

• William William on Jan 26, 2019

Bathtub paint kits do work. Proper prep is the key. Follow directions and take no shortcuts. Usually done to change the color.

To clean the tub try using Easy Off No Fume oven cleaner in the BLUE can. works on ceramic, porcelain, and fiberglass.

Thanks all! I’ve never posted on here and posted on Houzz too and got a bunch of additional helpful advice on top of yours. I appreciate the help!!!!

• User User on Jan 26, 2019

2