How can I paint my paneled walls without those lines?

+4
  • Pamelalounsbery Pamelalounsbery on Jun 21, 2017
    Fill them in with something like a crack fix

• Fill the "lines" with spackle then paint.

• Just Retired Just Retired on Jun 21, 2017
    fill them in with sparkling compound. When dry make sure to sand smooth and then paint. If you don't sand them to blend in the sparkling compound your paint will not have a smooth surface. And you can add a tad of paint texture sand to make it look more like painted drywall

• Sylvia Candler Sylvia Candler on Jun 21, 2017
    Fill the lines with spackle, let it dry, then sand until it's smooth. I had the same problem in my kitchen but it was the old-fashioned pine board paneling so it took a LOT of spackle but it worked! You may have to rough up the cracks a little with sand paper first to get the spackle to stick properly. Good luck!

• William William on Jun 21, 2017
    Fill the grooves with drywall patching compound. Let it dry overnight. Next day go over the patch with a damp sponge to smooth them out. Prime with a good stain blocking primer like Zinsser 123 or BIN. Then paint with your color.

• Marj Marj on Jun 21, 2017
    Another option is to fill the lines with wood filler, sand them smooth and then paint as usual.

• Pat Pat on Jun 21, 2017
    I know you didn't ask this....but we painted our paneling without filling the cracks and it looks great.....over time you forget all about the cracks. I belive there is a special wallpaper you can use to cover the cracks also....we just didn't want to go to the trouble in our rather large family room.