How can I paint the lid to the toilet seat and what should I use?

• Lorrie Worden Lorrie Worden on Jan 13, 2019

Most toilet seats are wood or molded plastic, if wood sand lightly and use spray paint for a smooth finish, if plastic you can spray paint but make sure it's a paint that sticks to plastic. Remember to take the seat off the toilet and paint outside or well ventilated area.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jan 13, 2019

Marion, It depends what your tiolet seat is made of. Call Home Depot or Lowe's and ask which is the best paint. You might need a primer or sealer. Aloha!

• Jennifer Weber Ferguson Jennifer Weber Ferguson on Jan 13, 2019

Make sure to lightly sand and clean, then prime with XIM Bonding Primer and apply two coats - allow this to dry for 24 hours. Then paint what ever color you want, I have even used craft acrylic paints in the past - stenciled, glazed, etc - top coat with just about any top coat - I used to actually have a class doing this - I will try and find some pictures for you!!! https://www.artisticpaintingstudio.com/