How can you get rid of a wall that has a "paint bubble" on it??

+2
  • Janet Callahan Janet Callahan on Jun 20, 2017
    You can try scraping with a wide,thin bladed spackling trowel. If that doesn't work, either sand off the offensive debris or use a texture paint and camouflage the area by texturing the entire wall

• Nichole Eubanks Nichole Eubanks on Jun 20, 2017
    Use I putty plate and pop the bubble and re terrace it then paint it again

• I had a paint bubble form on a wall after a leak in the roof - probably 3" in diameter. I cut a small clean slit in the center of the bubble which let any water or air escape. I was able to then carefully press the bubble flat making sure the edges of the slit lined up. I would try this before doing anything else.

• Lindy Lindy on Jun 21, 2017
    On the same thought as Dewey: we had "paint bubbles" along an outside wall that was caused by the loss of the integrity of the underground facing material that goes between the foundation and the soil. If this is the area with the bubble it might be a good idea to have it assessed by someone familiar with that issue such as a good masonry company. Other replies are spot on if this is not the case.