How do I paint a basement floor?

Unsealed and ugly floor that has paint splatter all over it. I'd like to paint and seal in one step. Not sure how to prep and if there's a color sealer that will cover...

• Twyla J Boyer Twyla J Boyer on Jan 10, 2019

You can get porch and patio paint for concrete in a variety of colors. Or you can use one of those epoxy products designed for garage floors. You'll need to clean it really well regardless of what you use.

• Tere Tere on Jan 11, 2019

Because it is unsealed you will likely need to seal it with a concrete bonding primer first. Then, because of all the paint splatter, I suspect your're going to need at least 2 coats of concrete paint to cover properly. Let each coat of product dry completely before applying the next. They recommend you wait a full 24 hours between coats. Then finally you will need to apply a layer of clear sealant to protect the paint. A big time consuming job but surely it will look great when done!