How to paint Formica counters in bathrooms to last?

+2
  • Ken Ken on Dec 30, 2017
    Buy a kit made specifically for refinishing Formica countertops and follow directions exactly. It will not last as long as the original laminate, otherwise there would be no need for Formica. You could just paint.

• Joan Stanley Joan Stanley on Dec 30, 2017
    Rustolium has a countertop paint that is excellent. It goes on amazingly easy and smooth. Tip: Do not try a second coat! It's not necessary and if the first layer is even slightly damp, it will ruin the finish. The product comes in quarts and I was able to paint over 20 feet of countertop with one quart. There are about 8 colors to choose from.
    I painted my kitchen 10 years ago and it's just now starting to show signs of wear. (If it should get stained, let bleach sit for a few minutes and it should come clean)

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 30, 2017
    check out Pinterest.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 31, 2017
    I'd also suggest a rustoleum paint kit. They make them specifically for this type of project and the results are great.