How to paint white shiny cabinet to another color?

+2
Have shiny white cabinets .want to paint different color. They are pr faced cabinets
  • Bobbie Bobbie on Jun 08, 2017
    lightly sand down the finish to give it some "tooth". Use a good primer to start...I love Kilz primer myself.. then give your cabinet two to three coats of your choice of paint. Finish it off with a polyacrylic varnish.

• Lor13203573 Lor13203573 on Jun 08, 2017
    I would recommend sanding the finish to remove shine, make sure they are smooth the prime the cabinets. once the prime is dried you can paint.

• William William on Jun 08, 2017
    I agree with Bobbie! Use acrylic latex paint. Remove the doors and hardware. Mark the doors and cabinets with tape where they go. Lightly sand the doors and cabinets to remove any gloss and roughen the surface for paint. Prime with a stain blocking primer like Zinsser 123. Then paint with your color. Seal with at least three coats with a water based polyurethane. Use a small foam roller and foam brush for a smooth finish.

• Lee Rakoskie Lee Rakoskie on Jun 08, 2017
    You can also use a chalk paint and it will give it less of a shiny appearance.

• Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 08, 2017
    You will need to use a Paint Deglosser or Kilz Adhesion Primer prior to repainting.