Keeping paint area wet??

Hi, well here I go. Trying something I have wanted to do for a long long time. Painting on a wood project. I have everything I need acrylic paints and all. What I do need is something to spread over the area to keep it wet for me to be able to move the paint. Please I know there are artists out there. I will try and take pics for here f I can. Thank you for your help. Ginger

  4 answers
  • Jan Jan on Dec 29, 2017
    when I paint on a large surface I use a paint medium it is like a gel.

  • Vrohde Vrohde on Dec 30, 2017
    What is it called, any product info so I can either order it or get it maybe at Joanns. Thanks

  • Sharon Sharon on Dec 30, 2017
    You need a wetting agent, I've used Golden and Liquitex...

    • See 1 previous
    • Sharon Sharon on Dec 30, 2017
      Never too late to learn, my Mom always admired my painting so later in life I kept encouraging her to start.... and in her 70s-80s she became one great sea scape artist.

  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Dec 30, 2017
    plastic wrap ( the kitchen kind ) works great! - it will 'stick' to the paint and keep it wet and when you remove it, some of the paint will come with it - I use it to add/work with other colors and move it around with my hand/fingers to get the blending/marble effect I want