Upgrade dated ,cheap dark paneling

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the white matte ,diluted 50-50 with water and put on with a washcloth....? Tips? Any better ideas ?

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jan 05, 2018
    It is easy to do - I painted my paneling and love the look, but whitewashing or pickling has been around for years. There is stain that is pickling that would look great and would give you the look you want. Here is an example:

• Nancy Wilson Nancy Wilson on Jan 05, 2018
    Is the panelling wood based or plastic based? That will determine what product and methods you can use. I redid an entire house filled with old wood paneling because I couldn't afford to replace it. I cleaned and primed every wall then chose water base paints in my favorite colors. In one room I stenciled florals around the window frame. In another I use different colors to stripe the walls. I also had drop ceilings and I purchased a beautiful "tin look" white panel to replace the old industrial look ones. Those I painted to look like tin (or you can choose copper or bronze or anything you like). You can even paint your old tiles that way but mine were kind of yucky.

• Reg28767354 Reg28767354 on Jan 06, 2018
    thanks for your response...I have a friend who tried the painted route and it is beautiful.! But I was after the look like above ...