What if your door is steel type? How would I paint it?

+2
  • Same way you would paint anything else. Clean it, let it dry. Use a primer, then an outdoor paint formulated for metal.

This link will help. Have fun!

• Personally, I had my husband help me take the door off the hinges and then laid it across 2 sawhorses. I gave a light sanding with 120 grit sandpaper block and wiped the door with a wet rag. I then used a paint made for metal (Mine was Rustoleum). Once it was dry, hung the door back up. Laying it flat helps no runs and I was lucky that the color I wanted came in the paint for metal.

• Smile4meevery1 Smile4meevery1 on Jun 09, 2017
    paint with 2 part epoxy.

• Gail Gail on Jun 09, 2017
    You can paint it in place, but the humidity should be low and moderate temperature. Needs plenty of drying time before completely shutting the door or it will stick.

• Becky Partain Becky Partain on Jun 09, 2017
    I painted mine while still hanging but taking it down and putting it on a couple saw horses sounds like a great idea. Cleaned it good and used painter's tape around the hinges and knobs. It's been 2 years and still looks great.