What is an easy paint technique to show texture?

+2
I want to redo my bathroom. It will only be painted on the top half but I am getting up in years and don't want to linger on the ladder but would like something that shows some interest.
  • Tam13317878 Tam13317878 on Jun 08, 2017
    There are specific rollers that create a bit of texture Jaynem or you could use a spackling technique like that used on a number of ceilings and then paint over that however that would require more time on that ladder so be safe.

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jun 08, 2017
    you could paint tone on tone stripes. Paint the base as usual, then using painters tape, mark areas for stripes. The can be equal widths or varied widths depending upon your preference. Paint the 'stripes' using a glaze tinted with the same paint as your base coat.

• Robin Robin on Jun 08, 2017
    You could color wash the wall. Start with base coat and come back with a 50/50 mix of paint and water. I like to use 3 colors. Also metalic paint will show texture too but can be pricey

• Bobbie Bobbie on Jun 08, 2017
    Paint background color of your choice and then stencil an easy pattern on it..

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 09, 2017
    Buy a roller that is designed to give texture