What paint do you use on rendered brick please

+3
  • Net20792968 Net20792968 on Dec 04, 2017
    clean thoroughl, seal with Kilz paint, then I'd use a washable flat or eggshell finish. It depend on the wear, inside or out, walls, fireplace or patio would dictate the kind of paint.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 04, 2017
    Since the coating application is usually concrete mix, I would use concrete paint.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 04, 2017
    inside or outside

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 04, 2017
    I’m having a hard time trying to think why rendering bricks with cement is a good idea. Of course, I am a big fan of brick exteriors. I guess it’s like stucco, and has it’s fans. But I do know, you want to be gentle with the necessary washing and painting. I certainly agree with using Kilz to help prevent mold and mildew. But any good exterior paint should work, and cement paint makes sense. If you work while the paint is still wet, you could get a little texture going with a long handled textured roller. If you like the smooth look, paint a little thicker at the corners. Chips, streaks, and powdering could hurt the walls.
    As you are working, from washing the walls to the final touches, take photos (at least four), and write about your process on Hometalk.com. Just click the Post button and follow the guide best wishes 😇

• Don31701441 Don31701441 on Dec 04, 2017
      Thank you for your reply... I note you are in Texas??? Rendering is common and very popular in Australia .. yes it is very much like stucco