What’s the easiest way to paint floor molding?

+3
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Jan 18, 2019

Blue painters tape above and below the moulding. Paint and strip away the tape.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jan 18, 2019

For me, I like to use a short rubber handled angle brush by Wooster. I have a metal edge that I slide between the floor and the molding and carefully paint as to not get any on the wall. If I hit the edger, no big deal because it comes off easily. Then I just slide it along the molding as a finish a section.

• Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Jan 18, 2019

I have used and slid cardstock under the trim instead of the hassle of tape. 😊

• Walter Bercarich Walter Bercarich on Jan 19, 2019

Use a Spackle 8" and a small angled 3" trowel as a guide for the wall and floor cutting and free hand paint. If you tape, paint will usually bleed under the tape, then you'll be spending time trying to remove that paint. With a trowel you can quickly wipe off paint with a rag from T shirts.

• Within the Grove Within the Grove on Jan 26, 2019

You can either use painters tape but for me it took way too long to tape it off. Instead I used a 12 x 12 inch piece of scrapbook paper since it's cardstock materials. I would slightly push it under the baseboard (between the baseboard and carpet), paint that area and then move it down. The extra paint would get on the piece of paper and not the carpet!