Will the paint peel if you light a fire after painting tile?

I was planning on using a primer and semi gloss paint to paint the tiles around my fireplace. I have read many articles on "how to" but none explain if the fireplace can be used again. Thanks for your help
  • Charla Schuman Charla Schuman on Jun 01, 2017
    Hello! I can't say that I've ever painted tile, but I've painted the brick surrounding fireplaces before, and there were no problems with peeling, so you should be good. :) I would wait at least 48 hours before lighting a fire, though, to give the paint time to cure. Good luck!

• Barbara Basilone Heber Barbara Basilone Heber on Jun 02, 2017
      Thank you. The tile around the fireplace are the terra cotta looking Mexican tile and I am really tired of looking at them . Eventually we do plan on replacing with marble but for right now I thought it would be a good way to update the look

• Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 01, 2017
    I believe you will need to use the black high heat fireplace paint for the type of temps you will have.

• See 1 previous
    • Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 03, 2017
      I misunderstood...you may want to check with a paint specialist at Lowe's or Home Depot as to what type of paint to use.