I have another glue question. I broke a corner off of a square wooden plate and I need to glue it back on.

What type of glue should I use?
  8 answers
  • Good old Elmers wood glue would do the trick. Carpenters version tends to set up faster then the plan old white stuff, but both work real well.

  • Yup...carpenters glue...will set up well and cleans up easily

  • I have a glue questions too, sorry Lee Anne for piggy backing on your post. We glued the joints of a chair at the studio yesterday, I guess the clamp didn't tighten around it well. I can see 1/8th" gap. How can this be fixed?

  • KMS Woodworks KMS Woodworks on Feb 29, 2012
    Titebond 3 is my favorite ( it has the green cap) the original titebond and version 2 had red and blue caps. the right glue will help but you will also need to "clamp it" here this can be done with some painters tape and rubber bands. Even though this glue set well in an hour or 2 I like to leave my glue ups over night for a full set.

  • I bought 2 clamps 36" wide to fit the chairs. We are gonna glue them and clamp it overnight as well. But the presence of the old glue, will it cause any trouble?

  • KMS Woodworks KMS Woodworks on Feb 29, 2012
    Yamini...one thing you might want to look into are some Ratchet strap webbing type of clamps. I have used these a lot in my shop when trying to hold together odd shaped chairs and things. clamping turned chair legs set on angles is tough with a "bar" type clamp.

  • Another good wood glue is the wood/carpenter's glue made by the Gorilla Glue people. It doesn't expand like the normal Gorilla Glue and holds wood very well after it had dried.

  • Thank you all! I have a happy ending to my saga...I used good old Elmers Wood glue and it worked well!!